ASPIRE (Asperger’s Syndrome Pursuing Interests, Recreation, and Entertainment) is an adult social community club for individuals age 18 and up.
For events near you click on your county. Please note: it does not matter which UCF CARD county you reside in. You may attend any of the ASPIRE events as long as you are registered with UCF CARD. If you are not registered with UCF CARD, and meet the criteria to register, please contact CARD at 407.823.6011.
This group is a fun way to make friends and connect with others who may have similar interests!
All ASPIRE participants must be registered with UCF CARD.
If this is your first ASPIRE outing, please look for the Facilitators with the black PALS shirts at the event!
Appropriate criteria for ASPIRE is as follows:
- Asperger’s or PDD-NOS diagnosis
- Graduated high school
- Over 18 years old
- Independent functioning in public
- Able to safely participate in group
- Desire to socialize with others while attending
- Psychologically sound (no Baker Acts for aggression or self harm for at least 3 months)
- Able to participate without parent supervision/participation
Please note this group is only for adults with AS, NOT families or parents
(PALS and UCF CARD host other events that are appropriate for the whole family).